Operating Room Nursing
Certificate of Proficiency
Career/Technical (Major Code: A2361)
Designed to teach nurses to function in the operating room. A major portion of the experience will take place in operating rooms around San Diego, with opportunities to practice and circulate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate professionally and competently in perioperative setting on issues related to patient care and planned interventions.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze patient data related to their surgical condition and adjust the patient’s plan of care according to the findings.
- Analyze, compute and correctly provide medications and intravenous solutions to the patient in the perioperative setting.
- Demonstrate collegiality and appropriate communication techniques when working with diverse healthcare providers and patients in the perioperative setting.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and differentiation in plan of care for patients from various cultural backgrounds.
- RN License
- CPR Certificate
- Acceptance into the ORN program
|ORN 209||BASIC PERIOPERATIVE NURSING||9|
|ORN 211L||PERIOPERATIVE NURSES TRAINING LABORATORY||4|
Note: In the ADN, VN, ST, and ORN programs, a minimum grade of “C” is required in each course for progression and satisfactory completion. Nursing courses may be repeated no more than one time with a maximum of one re-entry to the program.
Courses must be completed in sequence as stated.