Community, Economic and Urban Development-Intermediate
Certificate of Achievement
Career/Technical (Major Code: 01063)
Prepares students for work in an Urban or Regional Planning Position. For example, specific vocational jobs including the following: City Planner, Community Development Director, Community Development Planner, Housing Development Specialist, Housing Grant Analyst, Neighborhood Planner, Planner, Planning Director, Regional Planner, Urban Design Consultant. Students to work in private, public, and nonprofit organizations engaged in various community, and economic development activities.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will prepare a report on a South San Diego County community or regional planning initiative or other related effort.
- Student will research and analyze a current business or a community or economic development issue, and prepare a report and PowerPoint presentation that includes an analysis of the issue(s) and provides recommendations for follow-up.
- Student will successfully participate in a planning or economic development committee or council composed of people of diverse backgrounds.
- Student will offer ideas and solutions as a member of a planning or economic development committee or council by researching the historical, political, economic, social, and/or scientific or technical issues involved in specific matters under discussion.
- Student will prepare a research paper that critically analyzes a real community problem or challenge related to a legal business, human resource, conflict resolution, or business innovation issue.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”
Students who complete this program will have acquired the necessary analytical tools to successfully secure gainful employment in the field of study.
For more information regarding the data provided for this program and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to visit our SWC Gainful Employment website at: www.swccd.edu/gainfulemployment.
|ACCT 101||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I||4|
|BUS 52||BASICS OF GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING||2|
|BUS 84||GRANT RESEARCH AND WRITING FUNDAMENTALS||1|
|BUS 140||BUSINESS LAW/THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 142||BUSINESS ETHICS---CORPORATE AND PERSONAL||1|
|ECON 102||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS II||3|
|LDR 156||MICROFINANCE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMEN T||2-3|
|or LEGL 266||MEDIATION, NEGOTIATION, AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT|
|Select 2-4 units of the following:||2-4|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS I|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS II|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS III|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS IV|
|Complete the courses required for the Community, Economic and Urban Development-Basic certificate||22|