Community, Economic and Urban Development
Associate in Science
Career/Technical (Major Code: 01061)
Prepares students to work in leadership roles in private, public, and nonprofit organizations engaged in various community planning, economic development, and residential/commercial revitalization activities. Develops skills in community land-use planning, economic development, business planning, community leadership, design concepts, economics, and real estate principles and practices.
Program Student Learning Outcome
- Students will prepare a report on a South San Diego County community or regional planning initiative or other related effort that they have researched.
- Student will research and analyze a current business or a community or economic development issue, and prepare a report and PowerPoint presentation that includes an analysis of the issue(s) and provides recommendations for follow-up.
- Student will successfully participate in a planning or economic development committee or council composed of people of diverse backgrounds.
- Student will offer ideas and solutions as a member of a planning or economic development committee or council by researching the historical, political, economic, social, and/or scientific or technical issues involved in specific matters under discussion.
- Student will prepare a research paper that critically analyzes a real community problem or challenge related to a legal business, human resource, conflict resolution, or business innovation issue.
|ACCT 101||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I||4|
|BUS 52||BASICS OF GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING||2|
|BUS 83||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT||3|
|BUS 84||GRANT RESEARCH AND WRITING FUNDAMENTALS||1|
|BUS 140||BUSINESS LAW/THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 142||BUSINESS ETHICS---CORPORATE AND PERSONAL||1|
|BUS 211||COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY||3|
|or BUS 212||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION|
|ECON 101||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS I||3|
|ECON 102||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS II||3|
|GEOG 145||INTRODUCTION TO MAPPING AND GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)||3|
|LDR 152||BUSINESS INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY||1|
|LDR 154||COMMUNITY AND COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP||3|
|LDR 155||STRATEGIC PLANNING AND SUSTAINABILITY||3|
|or RE 101||REAL ESTATE PRINCIPLES|
|LDR 156||MICROFINANCE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMEN T||2-3|
|or LEGL 266||MEDIATION, NEGOTIATION, AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT|
|LDR 100||INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY, ECONOMIC, AND URBAN PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT||1|
|Select 2-4 units from the following:||2-4|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS I|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS II|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS III|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS IV|
To earn an associate degree, additional general education and graduation requirements must be completed.