Step 6: Submit Transcripts from Other Colleges Attended

Transcripts from Other Institutions

A transcript is a record of coursework completed at a school (i.e., high schools, colleges, and universities). Students who have attended other regionally accredited colleges or universities should provide official transcripts from those institutions. Courses completed at non-regionally accredited institutions will not be accepted.  

Official college transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file before submitting a petition for any Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or GE Certification. Hand-carried copies of transcripts will not be accepted. All previous coursework must be evaluated whether or not it is needed to obtain the Associate Degree at Southwestern College.

Note: Official transcripts must be sent directly from other schools, colleges, and universities to the Southwestern College Admissions Office. Hand-carried copies will not be accepted.

Once the Southwestern College Admissions Office has received your transcripts from another college or university, an email notice will be sent to you. Southwestern College will utilize all applicable college credit you have earned at another college or university towards your current educational goals. Effective Fall 2016, all incoming external transcripts will be reviewed by the Evaluations department.

All coursework for major, CSU "Golden 4," and IGETC require a "C" grade minimum. Transfer work of "C-" does not fulfill this requirement.

NOTE:  For students who have completed coursework at a foreign institution, see Course Equivalency