Certificate of Achievement
Career/Technical (Major Code: 02392)
Prepares students for direct patient care in situations where they are under the supervision of physicians and/or registered nurses. A major portion of the educational experience takes place in a variety of healthcare settings.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to articulate professionally and competently in the healthcare setting on issues regarding patient care.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to analyze patient data related to the medical condition(s) and adjust patient care according to the findings.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will analyze, compute and correctly provide medications to the patient in the healthcare setting.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate collegiality and appropriate communication techniques when working with diverse healthcare providers, patients and family members.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate critical thinking skills and differentiation in plan of care for patients from various cultural backgrounds.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”
Students who complete this program will have acquired the necessary analytical tools to successfully secure gainful employment in the field of study.
For more information regarding the data provided for this program and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to visit our SWC Gainful Employment website at: www.swccd.edu/gainfulemployment.
|CNA Certification or equivalent||0-8.5|
|BIOL 190||HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY||4|
|CD 170||PRINCIPLES OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT||3|
|HLTH 204||FUNDAMENTALS OF NUTRITION||3|
|MATH 45||ELEMENTARY ALGEBRA||4|
|ADN 140||READING AND COMPOSITION FOR NURSING AND ALLIED HEALTH OCCUPATIONS||3|
|VN 30||INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACOLOGY||1|
|VN 31||BASIC CONCEPTS IN PHARMACOLOGY||1|
|VN 103||VOCATIONAL NURSING I||6|
|VN 103L||VOCATIONAL NURSING LABORATORY I||6|
|VN 130||PHARMACOLOGY FOR NURSES||2|
|VN 201||VOCATIONAL NURSING II||6|
|VN 201L||VOCATIONAL NURSING LABORATORY II||6|
|PSYC 101||GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY||3|
|VN 250||MATERNAL-CHILD-ADULT HEALTH||4.5|
|VN 250L||MATERNAL-CHILD-ADULT HEALTH - VOCATIONAL NURSING LABORATORY III||4.5|
|VN 251||TRANSITION TO PRACTICE||1|
|VN 251L||LEADERSHIP-VOCATIONAL NURSING LABORATORY IV||1.5|