General Catalog 2019-2020
Effective Fall 2019 through Summer 2020
900 Otay Lakes Road
Chula Vista, CA 91910-7299
To request this material in an alternate format, contact Disability Support Services at (619) 482-6512 or VP (619) 207-4480
Southwestern College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for the Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
10 Commercial Boulevard
Suite 204, Novato, California 94949
This institutional accrediting body is recognized by the Council for Higher Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Use This Catalog to...
- Find out about Associate Degrees or Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
- Transfer requirements for UC, CSU, or a private university - Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
- Certificates of Achievements and Certificates of Proficiency
- Explore how to pay for college! Visit the Financial Aid information.
- Discover the wide array of Special Programs and Support Services as well as the Honors and awards for students.
- Jaguar Pathways: Each of the college’s more than 300 programs has been placed in one of 11 fields of study that best describes related majors and certificates. Click on one of the Fields of Study to see specific degrees and certificates, and their program requirements, in your area of interest.
Catalog Content Disclaimer
The Southwestern Community College District has made every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of this catalog at the time of publishing. All catalog information is subject to change without notice. The District reserves the right to make changes to courses, programs, requirements, and other matters in response to student enrollment, level of financial support, or any other reason. The District further reserves the right to add, amend, or repeal any of its rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, consistent with applicable laws. Addenda to the Southwestern Community College Catalog can be found at www.swccd.edu. Addenda may contain important updates to graduation, degree, and transfer information after the catalog has been printed. It is the responsibility of students to check for these addenda.