Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act (SB1440)
Associate in Arts
Transfer Preparation* (Major Code: 01225)
The TMC Theatre Degree encompasses a broad spectrum of theatre studies. Upon completion of the transfer associate degree, the student is eligible for transfer with junior standing into the California State University (CSU) system. Students will be given priority consideration when applying at specific CSU institutions.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Certificate recipients will demonstrate a reliable and responsible work ethic as a team member of a college production.
- Formulate a plan leading to a career in the performing arts including advanced study; commercial and industrial work; and professional stage and visual media work.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Completion of minimum 60 semester or 90 quarter units of degree applicable courses.
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework.
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “Pass”) for each course in the major.
- Completion of the California State University General Education (CSU GE) Breadth pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern. For more information, refer to the catalog section, “Certificate of Achievement” under Graduation, Certificates, and Degree Requirements.
|TA 101||INTRODUCTION TO THE THEATRE||3|
|TA 110||ACTING I||3|
|TA 141||PERFORMANCE STUDIO I||1-2|
|TA 142||PERFORMANCE STUDIO II||1-2|
|TA 143||PERFORMANCE STUDIO III||1-2|
|Select three of the following:||9|
| THEATRE WORKSHOP---TECHNICAL CREWS I|
and THEATRE WORKSHOP---TECHNICAL CREWS II
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.