Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act (SB1440)
Associate in Science
Transfer Preparation* (Major Code: 01685)
Physicists are engaged in applying the fundamental principles of science to problems ranging from understanding life processes to exploring the universe. Specializations include mechanics, heat, optics, acoustics, electrodynamics, astrophysics, atomic physics, biophysics, and geophysics.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Develop mathematical skills, acquire physics knowledge, and practice applying these skills and knowledge in physical situations.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Completion of minimum 60 semester or 90 quarter units of degree applicable courses.
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework.
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “Pass”) for each course in the major.
- Completion of the California State University General Education (CSU GE) Breadth pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern. For more information, refer to the catalog section, “Certificate of Achievement” under Graduation, Certificates, and Degree Requirements.
|PHYS 270||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS I||3|
|PHYS 271||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS LABORATORY I||1|
|PHYS 272||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS II||3|
|PHYS 273||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS LABORATORY II||1|
|PHYS 274||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS III||3|
|PHYS 275||PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS LABORATORY III||1|
|MATH 250||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS I||5|
|MATH 251||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS II||4|
|MATH 252||ANALYTIC GEOMETRY AND CALCULUS III||4|
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.