Associate in Arts
Transfer Preparation* (Major Code: 01390)
World language courses are intended:
- to provide required instruction for students majoring in world languages;
- to meet the world language competency for graduation required by many colleges and universities (e.g. San Diego State University);
- to afford credit in the humanities for students seeking to meet the general education transfer breadth requirements; and
- to provide instruction for the student seeking world languages skill for personal development.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Initiate, sustain and close a variety of uncomplicated communicative tasks in the target language, and handle social situations in a culturally sensitive and respectful manner.
|ITAL 101||ELEMENTARY ITALIAN I||5|
|ITAL 102||ELEMENTARY ITALIAN II||5|
|ITAL 201||INTERMEDIATE ITALIAN I||5|
|ITAL 202||INTERMEDIATE ITALIAN II||5|
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.
To earn an associate degree, additional general education and graduation requirements must be completed.