Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act (SB1440)
Associate in Arts
Transfer Preparation* (Major Code: 01365)
The Kinesiology program offers a wide range of possibilities for the student who wants to pursue a degree in the interdisciplinary approach to the study of human movement, athletic training, physical education, pre-physical therapy, human anatomy, human physiology, and the social and psychological aspects of exercise, fitness and sport. Exploration of career opportunities in areas sport, movement, exercise and fitness, including teaching, coaching, and fitness professions. Transfer Credit: CSU.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Student will be able to analyze data from clients in regards to strength, flexibility, cardio-respiratory endurance, and body composition in order to create an individual fitness program.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Completion of minimum 60 semester or 90 quarter units of degree applicable courses.
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework.
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “Pass”) for each course in the major.
- Completion of the California State University General Education (CSU GE) Breadth pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern. For more information, refer to the catalog section, “Certificate of Achievement” under Graduation, Certificates, and Degree Requirements.
|ES/T 202||INTRODUCTION TO KINESIOLOGY||3|
|BIOL 260||HUMAN ANATOMY||4|
|BIOL 261||PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY||4|
|Select a maximum of one course from any three of the following areas for a minimum of 3 units:||3|
|AQUATIC EXERCISE I|
|BOWLING - BEGINNING|
|Select two courses from the following:||7-8|
or SOC 270
|STATISTICS FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES|
|PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY|
and PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY LABORATORY
|INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL CHEMISTRY|
or CHEM 170
|PREPARATION FOR GENERAL CHEMISTRY|
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.