Certificate of Proficiency
Career/Technical (Major Code: A1022)
Prepares students to pass the California Real Estate exam.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the eight main courses for the Real Estate Basic Certificate, students will be able to:
- Explain how agency relationships affect a real estate licensee’s disclosure requirements.
- Describe the relationship between a broker and his salesperson and explain how it is affected by California’s real estate licensing laws.
- Demonstrate an ability to handle offers, including negotiating and making counteroffers.
- Describe the events that take place after a purchase and sales agreement is signed.
- Explain how underwriters use income to underwrite a loan.
- Differentiate between FHA, VA, and conventional loans.
- Describe the attributes of joint tenancy, including the right of survivorship.
- Explain how state and federal antidiscrimination laws impact real estate activities.
- Analyze the principles of supply and demand in relation to the real estate market and housing prices.
- Identify the differences between the political, social, and economic neighborhoods and how they affect property values.
- Compare and contrast the three different approaches to real estate appraisal and be able to explain which approach is best utilized for a particular property.
- Identify the steps in the appraisal process and the classical approaches to value.
- Differentiate between the various special management situations and disclosure forms in order to comply with state regulations.
- Identify the liability and risk management issues that are inherent in property management.
- Examine the operation and services provided by escrow and title insurance companies and explain these services to a buyer or seller.
- Calculate the proration rates for interest, fire insurance, and property taxes for both the buyers and sellers.
|RE 101||REAL ESTATE PRINCIPLES||3|
|RE 102||REAL ESTATE PRACTICE||3|
|Complete one of the following:||3-4|
|PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I|
|BUSINESS LAW/THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS|
|REAL ESTATE FINANCE|
|LEGAL ASPECTS OF REAL ESTATE|
|REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL|