Associate in Arts
Transfer Preparation* (Major Code: 01410)
Foreign language courses are intended:
- to provide required instruction for students majoring in foreign language;
- to meet the foreign language competency for graduation required by many colleges and universities (e.g., San Diego State University);
- to afford credit in the humanities for students seeking to meet the general education transfer breadth requirements; and
- to provide instruction for the student seeking foreign language skills for personal development.
Program Student Learning Outcome
- Initiate, sustain and close a variety of uncomplicated interpersonal and interpretive communicative tasks in the target language, and handle social situations in a culturally sensitive and collegial manner.
|FREN 101||ELEMENTARY FRENCH I||5|
|FREN 102||ELEMENTARY FRENCH II||5|
|FREN 201||INTERMEDIATE FRENCH I||5|
|FREN 202||INTERMEDIATE FRENCH II||5|
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.
To earn an associate degree, additional general education and graduation requirements must be completed.