Certificate of Achievement
Career/Technical (Major Code: 01381)
Prepares individuals to use artistic techniques to effectively communicate ideas and information to business and consumer audiences, and to record events and people, via digital, film, and still photography. Includes instruction in specialized camera and equipment operation, applications to commercial and industrial needs, and business operations.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate concepts, aesthetics, and project production to clients.
- Collaborate effectively with client, production resources, and personal vision on photographic assignments.
- Demonstrate proficiency in digital capture, Camera RAW workflow, digital imaging workflow, and digital printing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in lighting concepts including light ratios, studio strobe use, small portable flash use, lighting setups for specific effects, and use of light modifiers.
- Understand color management and the relationship between digital capture profiles, monitor profiles, color workspaces, and digital printing profiles.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”
Students who complete this program will have acquired the necessary analytical tools to successfully secure gainful employment in the field of study.
For more information regarding the data provided for this program and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to visit our SWC Gainful Employment website at: www.swccd.edu/gainfulemployment
|ART 138||ADVANCED DIGITAL IMAGING FOR PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, AND GRAPHICS||3|
|ART 192||INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL IMAGING||3|
|ART 205||BEGINNING DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY||3|
|ART 207||STUDIO AND LIGHTING TECHNIQUES||3|
|ART 210||PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY||3|
|ART 197||PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES AND PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT FOR VISUAL ARTISTS||2-4|
|or ART 290||COOPERATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE IN APPLIED VISUAL ARTS I|
Some courses within this program may require additional coursework that must be completed prior to enrollment in these courses. Please consult the individual course listings for prerequisites and any other limitations on enrollment.