Phone: (619) 482-6510
CalWORKs stands for California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids. The CalWORKs Program at Southwestern College provides assistance to TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) participants.
Eligibility for CalWORKs:
- Participant must be receiving CalWORKs cash aid
- Participant must have an open CalWORKs case number
How to apply to the SWC CalWORKs Program:
Reach out to your assigned County case worker (ETA/ECM) and request they send a referral to the SWC CalWORKs Program. The CalWORKs staff will reach out to you once the referral is received to schedule an orientation.
SWC CalWORKs Services:
- Enrollment Priority- Level 1
- Assistance in obtaining County supportive services through case workers (ETA/ECM) such as funds for textbooks, transportation, and child care.
- Academic/Career/Personal Counseling
- Employment Services
- Free Education Supplies (When funding permits)
- On-site Public Consulting Group (PCG) Duty Worker/Advocacy
- Informative workshops for welfare to work requirements
For further information, contact the CalWORKs program, located in the Cesar E. Chavez Building (2nd floor) by phone (619)482-6510 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.