Certificate of Achievement
Career/Technical (Major Code: 02133)
Emphasizes strong foundational skills and knowledge required by real estate professionals in today’s dynamic market. Provides upgrade training for individuals already involved in the field.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of a real estate agent and define the law of agency to include the creation of a fiduciary relationship in order to comply with state statutes and regulations.
- Utilize assigned readings and classroom study to describe and analyze the real estate industry with regards to residential sales in California and explain licensing and continuing education requirements as mandated by the State of California, Department of Real Estate.
- Identify the essential elements and legal effects of a real estate contract and be able to select which listing agreement, purchase contract and disclosure forms to use in a specific real estate transaction.
- Analyze and distinguish among the real estate finance instruments and various loan programs in order to formulate an opinion to guide a buyer of real estate to the best loan package for a specific purchase.
- Name the various fair housing and discrimination laws that are necessary for real estate agents to understand and comply with Federal laws in order to work with a diverse population.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”
Students who complete this program will have acquired the necessary analytical tools to successfully secure gainful employment in the field of study.
For more information regarding the data provided for this program and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to visit our SWC Gainful Employment website at: www.swccd.edu/gainfulemployment.
|ACCT 101||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I||4|
|BUS 140||BUSINESS LAW/THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS||3|
|BUS 147||SUCCESSFUL SELLING TECHNIQUES||1|
|BUS 211||COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY||3|
|or BUS 212||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION|
|RE 101||REAL ESTATE PRINCIPLES||3|
|RE 102||REAL ESTATE PRACTICE||3|
|RE 104||REAL ESTATE FINANCE||3|
|RE 106||LEGAL ASPECTS OF REAL ESTATE||3|
|RE 108||REAL ESTATE ECONOMICS||3|
|RE 110||REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL||3|
|Select 2-4 units of the following:||2-4|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE I|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE II|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE III|
|WORK EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE IV|