Certificate of Achievement
Career/Technical (Major Code: 02346)
Prepares the student to function in operating rooms under the direct supervision of physicians and nurses. A major portion of the learning experience will take place in hospital operating rooms.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to articulate professionally and competently in perioperative setting.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to analyze patient data related to their surgical condition and adjust the patient’s intraoperative plan of care according to the findings.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will analyze, compute and adjust operative equipment and instrument settings for the surgical patient in the perioperative setting.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate collegiality and appropriate communication techniques when working with diverse healthcare providers and patients in the perioperative setting.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate critical thinking skills and differentiation in provision of intraoperative care for patients from various cultural backgrounds.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.”
Students who complete this program will have acquired the necessary analytical tools to successfully secure gainful employment in the field of study.
For more information regarding the data provided for this program and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to visit our SWC Gainful Employment website at: www.swccd.edu/gainfulemployment.
||HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
or HUMAN ANATOMY and MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
|ST 110||INTRODUCTION TO SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY||8|
|ST 120||SURGICAL LABORATORY||4|
|ST 130||ADVANCED OPERATING ROOM TECHNIQUES||4|
|ST 140||PRACTICUM: MAJOR SURGICAL SPECIALTIES||8|
|ST 150||CURRENT CONCEPTS IN SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY||1|
|ST 160||PRACTICUM: SUBSPECIALTIES||6|
Acceptance into the Surgical Technology program have special application requirements and deadlines. For more information, please visit www.swccd.edu/index.aspx?page=1464.
Some courses within this program may require additional coursework that must be completed prior to enrollment in these courses. Please consult the individual course listings for prerequisites and any other limitations on enrollment.