The program below is undergoing modification and the modification will be placed into an addendum upon Chancellor’s Office approval - see your counselor for further information and visit the college website under www.swccd.edu/catalog link for the latest addenda updates.
Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act (SB1440)
Associate in Science
Transfer Preparation * (Major Code: 01105)
This degree prepares students for transfer admission to any California State University campus within the field of Business Administration. This major is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, practices, and values to understand the complex and changing global business environment. Individual courses promote comprehension of the field, foster problem solving, and provide basic analytical and conceptual skills. In addition to meeting the requirement for transfer to any California State University (such as SDSU, for example), the courses listed meet the lower-division requirements for most universities offering a bachelor’s degree with a major in business or accounting.
Program Student Learning Outcome Statement
- Identify and analyze material factors that are involved in business problems.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Completion of minimum 60 semester or 90 quarter units of degree applicable courses.
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework.
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “Pass”) for each course in the major.
- Completion of the California State University General Education (CSU GE) Breadth pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern. For more information, refer to the catalog section, “Certificate of Achievement” under Graduation, Certificates, and Degree Requirements.
|BUS 140||BUSINESS LAW/THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS||3|
|ECON 101||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS I||3|
|ECON 102||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS II||3|
|ACCT 101||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING I||4|
|ACCT 102||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING II--- MANAGERIAL||4|
|Select one course from the following||4|
|CALCULUS FOR BUSINESS ANALYSIS|
|Select two courses from the following||7-8|
|INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS|
Any course from LIST A not selected above
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should complete courses specific to the transfer institution of choice. University requirements vary from institution to institution and are subject to change. Therefore, it is important to verify transfer major preparation and general education requirements through consultation with a counselor in either the Counseling Center or Transfer Center. See catalog Transfer Courses Information section for further information.