Auditing & Auditing Fees
The College District shall provide individuals the opportunity to audit credit courses on a no-credit basis and only by petition when the following conditions are met.
- Audit students shall have a student identification number or submit an online application to the college, in order to receive a student identification number. Audit students will take the Course Audit Petition to the classroom to ask the instructor for permission to audit the class.
- Permission to audit a class is done at the discretion of the instructor and requires instructor’s signature. Credit students have priority over auditing students.
- Students will be allowed audit status which is recorded in Admissions and Records after the first class meeting.
- A student is charged a fee no more than fifteen dollars ($15.00) per unit, according to applicable law for auditing a class. A student enrolled in ten (10) or more semester credit units may audit a class and shall not be charged a fee to audit three (3) or fewer units per semester.
- Auditing fees are non-refundable. Health Fee will be assessed in addition to any required materials fee.
- Audit student shall not be permitted to change his/her enrollment in that course to receive credit.
- A maximum of six (6) semester units may be audited in any regular instructional term (Fall, Spring, Summer).
- Classroom attendance of students auditing a course shall not be included in computing the apportionment due the College District.
Audit petitions are available in Admissions at the Chula Vista campus and the Higher Education Centers at National City, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, or online at www.swccd.edu (click on Admissions then on printable forms) (Education Code Section 76370.3 and BP & AP 4070 - Auditing & Auditing Fees).